Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Gone Fishing


Welcome to my new office, as of June 1st.

How do you like the view?

Jealous?

This is the birds’ eye view of Claude’s Cove.
I have unshelved and dusted off my copy of “Fishing for Dummies”.
I’ll let you know how many dummies I catch as the summer progresses.

I’ll be taking a temporary break from the city and doing a lot of garden therapy.
Honing up my photography skills….finishing numerous paintings (pictures, furniture…)
and painting projects (kitchen, doors, trim…)

I promise to share documentary results. I really do hope that you will stay tuned in for some astounding progress in my creative development and what adventures lay ahead. I believe I’m off to a stellar start with such a hugely supportive group of onlookers.

Yeah, when I said, “Change is good. Bring it on.” Boy did I open up a big fat can of worms!

Well, when life gives you worms, Go Fishing!

Crappie. It's what's for dinner.


photo by Thomas Hammond

1 comment:

  1. You do not know me but I have been introduced to you through your blog. I too had my direction altered about 14 months ago. For eleven months, I was unemployed and I used my writing and creativity to find my new journey. I can tell you that I truly believe that my writing about it helped me find my new direction. I have been blessed with a new career and opportunities. I continue to write about everything and that is my reward. Susan, you too will find your way and it will be perfect. Trust me. And by the way, anyone who writes about mermaids, Edisto and feels about these two things the way you do, is a soul sister in my book! And by the way, crappie can be very good. I grew up on lake fish as I am a yankee girl from the Great Lake State of Michigan. Keep throwing your line in and I guarantee you will pull out your catch of a lifetime. Take care and keep writing. I will keep reading.

    A fellow writer in Greenville on her new journey

    ReplyDelete