Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Green Baby Green



Talk to me about going green...how about the Green diet? laced with a little red and yellow.

Why I was raised on a green spoon, started eating organic about the time I started eating solid food...farm raised chickens, eggs and milk. Homegrown vegetables, fresh herbs, canned foods from the fields for the winter.



This summer we are blessed by the Jolly Green Giant and Mother Nature's Rain ...numerous pints of pickled green beans, refrigerator cucumber pickles, cartons of beans and squash in the deep freeze. Daily doses of cucumber, tomato and yogurt salad. Luscious, juicy tomato sandwiches, piquant, garlicky pesto and caponata. Ahhhh, the freshness.



A Saturday jaunt to a North Carolina tailgate market to see what they have that we don't...not much, I see, but I did grab a bagfull of good HOT jalapenos, since ours are not quite ready.





bean basket photo by J.T. Hammond

No comments:

Post a Comment