Saturday, October 24, 2009

Autumn Views


painting: Yellow Ground

This was the first of my series of tree paintings from a few years ago. The vision introduced itself to me at this same time of year, when the leaves have fallen and the skeletal elements of the trees stand out in the various dramatic light of an autumn day.

I am ready to take this series farther and in to larger dimensions. I am glad that I have some time to concentrate on this venture and to have the time to enjoy some autumnal outdoorsness. I hope to have a collection to show publicly by spring or summer, and may have found a co-conspirator to show with. This makes me happy.

I have just planted my winter garden with collard green plants and seeds of lettuce, spinach, beets and radishes. The rain came just in time to water it all.

I've been gathering twigs of kindlin for starting the first fire of autumn in the fireplace. This will make the dogs happy. It is a good time of year to concentrate on coziness, hot cider and gathering with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment